from Martha Stewart's Christmas Cookies
Very rich. Very popular.
Not good for your self-image if you're around them for too long.
Kind of like that queen bee from junior high . . .
¼ cup packed brown sugar
½ teaspoon vanilla
1¼ cup sifted flour
⅛ teaspoon salt
1 cup miniature marshmallows
1 cup semisweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
1 cup white chocolate, coarsely chopped
1 cup butterscotch chips
18 soft caramel-candy cubes, coarsely chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Cream together butter and sugar. Add egg and vanilla and beat in well.
- Sift together flour and salt. Add in 3 parts to butter mixture, blending them well.
- Fold in half of marshmallows, chocolate and caramels.
- Bake about 15 minutes.
- Scatter remaining marshmallows, chocolate and caramels on top. Bake about 15 minutes longer.
- Cool, then refrigerate until set. Cut into triangles.