This simple and satisfying recipe came to us from one of our daughter's
friends from Kenya. The chapati recipe is softer than
other homemade chappatis we have made.
4 cans black beans, drained
1 can coconut milk
1 chopped onion
1 Tablespoon oil or fat
Salt to taste
- Fry onion in large skillet.
- Add drained beans.
- Mix in ¾ can if coconut milk
- Let it simmer until it cooks down, then add the remaining ¼ can of coconut milk.
- Serve warm with chapatis or pita bread.
2 cups flour
¼ teaspoon salt
¾ - 1 cup hot water
- Mix flour, salt, and hot water. Knead until elastic.
- Divide dough into fourths.
- Roll each into thin circles and spread thinly with melted butter.
- Roll up like a small jelly roll and then roll it into a coil, tucking end into the middle.
- Roll flat again.
- Lightly oil a hot heavy skillet and fry until golden-brown on both sides.